Happy New Year folks!
Hanging up my burlesque dancing heels has meant that I can finally pack up all of my costumes, props and memorabilia and get rid of the extra wardrobe in the bedroom. So, after a trip to Ikea before Christmas (if anyone doesn’t know already this is the best time to go as it’s always empty that time of year) I got a few bits and bobs to make everything a little more organised. So I dismantled the wardrobe and spent an evening re-sorting my little sewing area.
So now it looks like this:
It’s like having a new bedroom and it feel so much more spacious in there, I was constantly struggling with spaces to put my dress form when I was in the middle of sewing project and I would be picking it up and down and moving it about, but now I have the room to work around it. It also gives me room to set up the knitting machine too, which is on my to do list for this year.
I am a woman who likes organisation, to me there is nothing better than neat and tidy. Tidy house, tidy mind as far as I’m concerned! Things I am most happy about are the sets of drawers with ribbons, zips and embroidery treads in, along with other trimmings.
and I have finally managed to re-sort my book shelves and now all of my sewing and crafty books are all on one shelf.
This includes a new book from my Dad and Step-Ma (and avid seamstress herself) called Sew It Up, to help me on my way with technical bits and bobs this year.
My folks also bought me this lovely cup and saucer, which I have instructed Timothy must be filled with tea and saucer with biscuits when I’m sewing away.
In addition you might notice that my blog has a fancy new header that the lovely Lucy Blue made for me. She a fantastic artist and I can’t recommend her highly enough if you’d like anything doing for you.
I have a list of things I’d like to achieve this year, some sewing, some not:
- I plan to keep sewing at least one garment a month.
- I would like to to master set in sleeves this year (i will do this even if it kills me!)
- I’m going to try and use the materials in my stash before going out to buy more.
- I’m going to sew and knit a lot of peoples presents this year.
- I plan to finally get the kitting machine out and get to work on figuring out what I can make.
- I’m aiming to write a chapter of a book or a short story at least once every two months.
- I plan to learn more ukulele and spend at least half an hour each day practicing.
- I plan on blogging more on here and on my other blogs.
- I am aiming to go camping this year after a non camping year in 2013.
- I plan on selling some of the vintage homewares I’ve been buying.
- I would like to be able to run 10k by the end of 2014.
I hope everyone has a fantastic 2014, I have a feeling this year’s going to be a good one.
6 thoughts on “2014: A New Year, A New Sewing Area”
its very neat and tidy, I am trying to clear a storage room for a craft room.
Your sewing room looks great & I love your doraemon:) The little drawers are a great idea.
thank you, got him in Tokyo when I was on my honeymoon 😀
Fabulous crafting room you’ve got there – very jealous!!